Sun, Mar 26|
The American Legion- Charles Johnson Hou
Ability Inclusion Ecstatic Dance Festival
Transcend the Ordinary! Ecstatic Dance: A family-friendly, judgement-free, alcohol/drug/smoke-free safe space. No dance experience needed.
Time & Location
Mar 26, 2023, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
The American Legion- Charles Johnson Hou, 404 Atlanta St, Austin, TX 78703, USA
About the event
Join The Healing Vortex and Lemon Tree Collective for an all-inclusive ecstatic dance festival!!! We will be set up underneath the 800 year old oak tree and we look forward to dancing with you!
Buy your tickets on Eventbrite!
Ticket price: $5-$15
Transcend the Ordinary, Join the fun, Dance for a Good Cause at the Lemon Tree Collective's Ability Inclusion Ecstatic Dance Festival!!
· An Integrative, All-Ability Dance Movement
· Supports the Lemon Tree Collective Autism Non-Profit
· A Unique fun festival to Lift Your Spirits
· Explore, Learn & Experience New Things
· Make New Friends
Ecstatic Dance is:
• Family Friendly - every age welcome
• Alcohol/Drug/Smoke Free Event
• Zero Dance ability or experience needed
• A place for you to truly express yourself how you want
• Everyone Individually & Collectively responsible for creating a Safe Space for All.
• There is no conversation or photos/videos in the dance space.
• Please bring your own water to this eco-friendly event.
Just move your body any way that feels good to you and have fun....
....Under the branches of the Magical 800-year-old Heritage Oak tree!
Our Community Resource Booths:
• Imagine Art - Live + Make
• Texas Parent to Parent (TP2P)
• Art Spark Texas
• Austin Community College STEPS
• Best Buddies International
PLUS Our Amazing Vendors:
• WorkWell - Massage Services
• Healing Vortex - Sound Healings, Rocks, and Rings
• OutFitness - Inclusive Fitness and Health
• YoungLiving - Essential Oils and Related Items
• Root Seven Coaching - Crystals and Tarot Readings
• Imagine Art - Jewelry, Books, and Clothing
• Marlo the Hypnotist - Guided Meditation and Chakra Work
• Clarissa - Oracle Readings and Reiki
• Gina Crasso - Tarot Card Readings
Pay What You Can:
$15 - $5 ticket donation prices with a minimum donation for participation of $5.
Let’s all Step Up and Step Out of our usual comfort zones and embrace and uplift. We believe in the Radical Inclusion of All Humans.
We have 150 tickets reserved for people who identify as differently-abled and/or neuro-diverse and 150 tickets for people who identify as able-bodied and/or neuro-typical to achieve our goal of true community integration for all.
Spread the Word!
• Large Elegant Venue: The Charles Johnson house @ American Legions; one of the most sought-after event & party venues in Austin Centrally Located near Deep Eddy Pool
• Dance under the branches of the Magical 800-year-old Heritage Oak tree!
• Tarot Card Readings, Mini Reiki Energy Healing Sessions, Sound Bowls, Chair Massages, Fitness consultants, Crystal, Jewelry, Gift, Art & Maker Vendors + More..
• Community Resource Booth
• Plenty of Free Parking (please carpool if possible)
We are Growing!
These upcoming festivals are scheduled around the seasonal solstice and equinox dates.
Save These Dates:
More info on Facebook: https://fb.me/e/31VJpm1iE
The Lemon Tree Collective: Our mission is to enhance the lives of neuro-diverse young adults through conscious wellness & lifestyle programs, housing assistance & intentional community including organizing ability inclusion events for the public.
Lemon Tree honors Community and Embodies the spirit of love & service exemplified by integrating the able-bodied and differently-abled, the neuro-diverse/autistically minded with neuro-typical by practicing acceptance of everyone as they are right now.
The need is HUGE: only 7% have support needed to live outside of the family home, 48% of autistic adults report feeling lonely, 57% report feeling depressed.
(Stats from https://www.autismhousingnetwork.org/)
Join us and Lift Spirits and Create Inclusion with your fellow residents in our fine city of Austin!